SWARE - Sustainable heritage management of WAterways Regions
Project: Index Number PG100294 - Interreg Europe Programme – Priority Axes: 4 Environment and Resource Efficiency
DURATION: 01/04/2016 – 30/09/2020
What is SWARE?
Project which improves synergy between culture and nature heritage protection and sustainable development in inland waterway regions.
Tipperary County Council (IE)
Metropolitan City of Milan (IT)
Vidzeme Planning Region (LV)
Association Regio Water (NL)
Province of Zuid-Holland (NL)
Pons Danubii European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (SK)
- Analysis of situation in each partner region
- Good practice and knowledge transfer
- Development of Action plans to improve respective policy instruments
- Implementation and monitoring of Action plans
• Better balance between the protection and sustainable exploitation of the natural resources and the built heritage sites
• More effective, integrated regional heritage management
• Stimulated stakeholder commitment related to sustainable heritage valorisation
• Increased engagement of inhabitants towards protecting and promoting the environmental/cultural values of their localities
The Project objective:
SWARE aims at fostering the integrated management of natural and cultural heritage within inland waterway regions in order to create a better balance between the protection and sustainable exploitation of the natural resources and the built heritage sites.
» BROCHURE ENGLISH VERSION (file PDF - 2000 KB)